Tuesday, April 4, 2017, will be Legislative GIS Day at the Capital in Charleston, WV. WVSPS will be there to exhibit at booth 20 with our legislative representatives and the public. Exhibit booths will be in the Senate and House foyers from 8 AM to 4 PM.
With issues like the County Surveyor resolution, Qualified Privilege, Tax Map legislation, Professional Service taxes, Drones, Reciprocity, etc., it is extremely important that we take advantage of this opportunity and show up to support what we believe in or to oppose issues we don’t support. Because this is an important time and opportunity to be seen and to interact with our representatives, we would like everyone who can attend to be there, especially county surveyors, society officers, legislative committee members, and local and nearby chapter officers.
There will be a meeting of the WVAGP Technical Committee to discuss the proposed NAD22 legislation at 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM. We would like to encourage everyone interested to attend this meeting.
The following organizations will be in attendance as well:
- Blue Mountain, Inc.
- GRW, Inc.
- Kanawha County Assessor Office
- Mountwest Community and Technical College, Geospatial Science and Technology Program
- SURDEX Corporation
- West Virginia Infrastructure & Jobs Development Council (WVIJDC)
- Woolpert Inc.
- WV Association of Geospatial Professionals
- WV Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations
- WV Association of Regional Planning & Development Councils
- WV Department of Environmental Quality
- WV Department of Environmental Quality Water Use Section
- WV Department of Transportation
- WV Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- WV Division of Natural Resources
- WV Geologic and Economic Survey and WV State GIS Coordinator’s Office
- WV GIS Technical Center
- WV Property Tax
If you plan on attending this, do not forget to swing by and say hello!
For more information on the WV Office of GIS Coordination, please click here.