WV Board of Professional Surveyors Seeking Executive Director
The West Virginia Board of Professional Surveyors, a Chapter 30 State Licensing Board, seeks qualified candidates with proven office management experience for the position of Executive Director, in Charleston, WV, to assist in formulation of and administering the policies and programs as directed by the Board. The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Board office.
Duties Include, but not limited to:
- Reviews applications for compliance with established guidelines
- Oversees the review of individual and company licensure
- Issues or denies licenses as directed
- Processes annual License renewals for individuals and companies
- Oversees professional development hours for compliance
- Administers the West Virginia licensing examination
- Plans/Coordinates Board meetings and functions
- Composes minutes, disciplinary actions and orders, and other routine correspondence
- Reviews and oversees all complaints and consults with legal counsel
- Coordinates complaint review and disciplinary hearings
- Collaborates with third-party vendor regarding database development
- Prepares, reviews, and submits the annual budget
- Creates and reviews the Annual Report
- Represents the Board at various meetings and the legislature
- Utilizes wvOASIS
- Maintains the Board’s website
- Effectively manages board staff, database, budget/finance, records, and other duties as assigned by the Board
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred. Five or more years of prior experience in a responsible administrative or management capacity; government, legal and supervisory experience preferred. Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills is required. Elevated level of integrity and initiative is required. The successful candidate will have the ability to interpret and follow laws, rules and established guidelines governing all facets of Board activities. Proficient in computers, Internet, database management, and Microsoft Office Suite software is required. Possess a working knowledge of the state wvOASIS system to include financials, business intelligence, and HRM, is desired. Licensed Professional Surveyor is preferred. Salary Range: $45,000 – $60,000.
Submit resume on or before Friday November 20th or until position is filled detailing qualifications relevant to this position. Include the names and contact information for three references. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the West Virginia Board of Professional Surveyors, 1124 Smith Street, Suite B127C, Charleston, WV 25314.